Youth Programs Manager
Are you passionate about a career working with youth?
Do you have the capacity to build relationships with industry related to youth employment?
Do you come from an arts background or have an interest in the arts?
You will oversee and develop youth workforce programming that will provide youth and emerging artists the opportunity to build supportive connections and move them closer to successful employment.
In this job you will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing strategic youth programming specifically focused on youth workforce development programs for underprivileged youth
- Building a curriculum of the current soft skills they are teaching on introductions; resumes; career pathways
- Supporting young people to build work skills for the current labour force
- Getting youth into creative roles and diversifying the workforce for emerging artists
- Developing evidence-based programming for young people to have the capacity to enter the workplace in film; photography; digital
- Building opportunities to work closer to industry and move youth closer to employment
- Researching best practices in arts education and incorporating research and relevant models into their approach that considers the full-cycle of youth development – body, mind, spirit
- Managing budget for all youth programming
- Completing reports and program analysis for funders and partners
- Supporting evaluation and data analysis to support design, quality and growth of programming
- Managing one full-time employee and potentially part-time or temporary staff
- Developing partnership opportunities related to youth employment, education and well-being and resiliency through mentorship
- Matching youth with employers
- Creating and maintaining program standards
What you bring to the job:
You are a self-starter who puts their hand up to help and takes initiative. You must be able to deal with ambiguity and will have to develop things from a blank page. You have the ability to be innovative and have a passion to work with youth.
You will bring:
● 3+ years’ experience as a Program Manager
● Previous experience creating programs
● Capacity to build relationships and partnerships with employers, school boards, etc.
● A background or interest in the arts is an asset